Scheduled Jury Trials
Breckenridge Municipal Court has scheduled jury trials on the following dates:
No trials currently scheduled
(For canceled trials, you do not need to appear for Jury Duty on that date)
Please read through the information below regarding jury service.
*If you do not see one of the dates listed above on your summons, it is possible your summons is for Summit County Combined Court. For more information contact (970) 453-6479 (automated Jury Line).
If you are called to Jury Duty
If you are summonsed to appear in Breckenridge Municipal Court, Town Hall, 150 Ski Hill Road, Breckenridge, Colorado for jury duty, you are required by law to appear according to the summons. If you fail to appear the court can institute proceedings against you.
Qualifications to serve on a jury in Breckenridge Municipal Court
If you fail to meet all requirements below, contact the Court:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must reside within Breckenridge Town limits.
- You must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- You must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- If you have sole responsibility for the daily care of a permanently disabled person living in the same household and if your jury service would cause substantial risk of injury to the health of the disabled person, you may not be required to perform jury duty. Please submit a statement from your doctor to the court.
- If you have a physical or mental disability that would affect your ability to serve as a juror you are not required to perform jury duty. Please submit a statement from your doctor to the court clerk.
Jury duty is generally one day only. Your employment is protected under the Colorado Revised Statutes section 13-71-134. Under this statute an employer shall not threaten, coerce or discharge an employee for reporting for jury service as summoned.
If you fail to appear as summoned it is a considered a class 3 misdemeanor under Colorado Revised Statute section 18-8-612. Class 3 misdemeanors are punishable by up to six months in jail, a fine of $50 to $750, or both. (Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1.3-501)
PLEASE CALL (970) 547-3127 the day before you are scheduled to appear for final details on your service and to find out if the trial you are scheduled for is still being held.
If you are unable to attend Jury Duty
You must submit written proof explaining why you cannot attend. Valid reasons include plane ticket already purchased prior to jury summons being sent out, you no longer live in Breckenridge, CO, or certain medical procedures. Work, a planned road trip or other appointments are not valid reasons for being dismissed from jury duty.
Email email@example.com if you feel you cannot serve. All requests must be received, in writing, by the court at least 4 days prior to the trial date.
Your proof will be reviewed by the Judge and you will be told whether or not you have been dismissed. It is your responsibility to contact the court if you have not received confirmation of your dismissal.