How do I get Bulk Water?
• Bulk water is only available for use within the Town of Breckenridge water service area, except as allowed by the Water Manager.
• Contact water manager or assistant manager for approval
o Water Division Managers or 970-453-3173
• Before hydrant and meter are set up, water division staff will inspect water truck for appropriate backflow prevention (ex: air gap on water truck).
• Deposit of $1,000 (cash or check only) is required by anyone using bulk water, even if it is for a Town project.
• In-Town Rates: Bulk water fees are $21/1,000 gallons and a $100 connection fee.
• Out of Town Rates: $31.50/1,000 gallons and a $150 connection fee
• For invoices less than $1,000, the payment will be subtracted from the deposit, if there is no damage. For invoices over $1,000, the invoice must be paid in full. After the invoice is paid, the damage deposit will be released (less any damage).
What are the Hydrant Requirements?
• Choose preferred hydrant location. You must know the address of where work will be performed.
• Meters on high water pressure (over 150psi) hydrants need to have a 2 inch PRV ahead of it.
• If working in multiple spots, meter will be set up on one hydrant only. If it’s requested to move meter to a different hydrant, an additional connection fee will be charged. Hydrants are to be left on for entire time of bulk water use, unless trained by water division staff to operate hydrant.
• Bulk water customers must prevent freezing of the hydrant and meter. It may be necessary to wrap the hydrant in a concrete blanket if temps are cold at night.
• Hydrant must display “approved bulk water” sign supplied by the water division.
• Only Town of Breckenridge Water Division staff is permitted to operate fire hydrants.
• Hydrant location requests can be made but final location approval is up to water division staff.
How do I turn off Bulk Water?
• Call 970-547-4304 and leave a message with name, phone number, and location of hydrant. Water Division staff will inspect hydrant and meter for damage, and take final meter reading.
How do I pay?
Cash or Check
• Schedule a time to pay deposit and submit required bulk water permit form. Call Public Works Administration 970-453-3387 or email Public Works Administration.
• Once the final meter reading is submitted an invoice will be generated.
o Invoices are generated once/month at the beginning of the month.
o Invoice will be emailed (preferred method) or mailed.
o Customer will receive an email that the deposit return form has been submitted. Direct Deposit customers will receive the deposit refund the Friday following deposit approvals. Paper checks are mailed the third Friday of the month for all other customers.
Contact Info: Public Works Contact Information
Town of Breckenridge
Public Works Department
PO Box 168
1095 Airport Road
Breckenridge, CO 80424
PW Water Division: Questions about hydrants, information, etc. direct to Water Division Managers or 970-453-3173
PW Administration: Questions about application and/or accounting information direct to Public Works Administration or 970-453-3170
We reserve the right to refuse bulk water to anyone for any reason.
Pursuant to Section 12-1-19 of the Breckenridge Town Code, any person who damages the Town’s Water System is liable to the Town for the actual and necessary costs incurred by the Town in repairing such damages.
Pursuant to Section 12-1-20 of the Breckenridge Town Code, any person who, as a result of his or her negligent, intentional, or willful wrongful act, causes any damage to any user of the Town’s Water System is required to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Town with respect to such damage.