Since 2007, the Town of Breckenridge has provided over $4.2 million to the Tuition Assistance Program to support local families and workforce. Breckenridge recognized that without access to affordable, quality early childhood care and education, parents could not be part of the vital workforce and contribute to the community character the Town desired.— 2016 Child Care Needs Assessment
• The program is available to children ages birth through 5 years old who will be attending a participating, licensed, not-for-profit child care center in Breckenridge: Little Red Schoolhouse, Carriage House Early Learning Center, Breckenridge Montessori or Timberline Learning Center.
• Families must live and/or work in the Upper Blue Basin area and must complete and application during the enrollment cycle which is June to July for the following school year of September - August.
How to Apply:
• Our annual enrollment period for our September 2016 - August 2017 program is June 1, 2016, to July 1, 2016. However, if your family has a Qualified Change during that time (such as move to the area, new baby, change in work status, etc.) please contact Jennifer McAtamney at email@example.com with questions to see if you are eligible to apply out of cycle.
• Click here to apply online or update your application. After creating an account you can print the Tuition Assistance Document Check List and collect all the required documents prior to completing your application and uploading documents from the privacy of your computer.
• Submit the completed Application and upload all the required documentation.
• Funding is limited. There is no guarantee that a family who meets the eligibility factors will be awarded tuition assistance. There is no guarantee that a family who received tuition assistance one year will receive tuition assistance or the same award the next year.
• Please submit your completed application with all required documentation. If you cannot access the application online, please contact Jennifer McAtamney.
• Once an application is submitted an email confirmation will be sent to the submitter within 3 business days of receiving the application.
• Applications will be confidentially reviewed.
• Applicants will be notified of the status of their potential Child Care Tuition Assistance award in the order that completed applications are received.
Jennifer McAtamney - Program Administrator
Please note the Child Care office is now located at Town Hall at 150 Ski Hill Road.
**Please remove your Social Security numbers from all supporting documentation by redacting or marking through this information with a black marker. Also note that any personal information, including financial information, submitted to the Town in conjunction with a Tuition Assistance Application will be used for the purpose of reviewing and rating applications, tracking program outcomes, evaluating eligibility, and calculating awards and will be subject to the confidentiality polices as provided in the Program Guidelines. By providing the information to the Town you are authorizing the Town to use this information for these limited purposes.**
We are excited to offer our Tuition Assistance Application online in English and Spanish. Click below to access it.
Online Tuition Assistance Application
Click on the links below to download the Breckenridge Child Care Tuition Assistance information & resources:
Profit & Loss Statement - sample
Balance Sheet - sample
Employer Verification Form
Online Tuition Assistance Application User's Guide 2016
For Families on CCCAP:
Online Tuition Assistance Application
Common Questions & Answers:
We have been awarded tuition assistance, but need to make a change to our child care schedule. How will that impact our tuition assistance?
Changes to schedules are strongly discouraged as they impact the Center operations and staffing and they impact your amount of tuition assistance; however, recognizing that some changes are inevitable, families are asked to notify the Child Care Center and the Child Care Enrollment Administrator by the 15th of the previous month in order for tuition assistance adjustments to be calculated based on your new schedule.
We are expecting a baby after the annual enrollment deadline, can we still apply?
First, congratulations on your pregnancy! To apply for tuition assistance during the annual enrollment period, the baby’s due date must be written on the original application along with an expected start date from one of the participating Breckenridge child care programs for that child. You will receive an award for tuition assistance once your child begins care at one of the 4 participating centers. Please make sure to contact the Child Care Enrollment Administrator by the 15th of the month before you expect your child to start attending child care, in order to avoid a 15% reduction on your assistance during the first month.
We utilize care from one of the participating Breckenridge child care programs as well as a licensed child care program that is not part of the Breckenridge Tuition assistance program. Will all of our child care costs be considered?
Yes, we will look at your overall licensed child care costs for children ages birth through 5 years old when determining your out-of-pocket child care expenses. If you qualify for tuition assistance, the award will be paid directly to the participating program(s).
We split custody of our child. How should we apply?
There are 2 options:
• Option #1: A parent may apply individually if they include their custody agreement in their application. The assistance will be for the days the applicant works and the child is in their custody.
• Option #2: Parents can apply together and we will consider both incomes. We will consider all the days the child is in child care regardless of what day either parent has custody. Family size will reflect two parents.
For more information call Jennifer McAtamney at 970-547-3124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.