How do I drive a Roundabout?
• SLOW DOWN….Speeds of 15 MPH are adequate.
• YIELD to ALL circulating traffic when entering the roundabout.
• Enter the roundabout. Once inside, do not stop. You have the right-of-way.
• Circulate counter-clockwise, following the one-way traffic pattern.
• Do not change lanes within the roundabout.
• Watch for pedestrian traffic in the crosswalk areas.
• Exit the roundabout toward your destination.
How do I walk or ride a bike through the roundabout?
• Never walk or ride to the center island of the roundabout.
• Pedestrians must use designated sidewalks on the side of the roundabout. They may not walk in the roundabout.
• Bicyclists must follow the same rules as motorists when using traffic lanes and yield to traffic in the circle when entering.