The Public Works Department is comprised of seven unique divisions all working together to continually deliver excellent customer service and a high standard of safety to residents, visitors, and members of the business community. The primary goal of the Public Works Department is to maintain, protect and ensure the future of the Town’s infrastructure while educating the public on available services as well as supporting a wide variety of special projects and events.
Public Works Divisions include:
• Administration – Administrative support functions including budget, record management, customer service and contract negotiation.
• Engineering – Capital improvement projects, design and construction of infrastructure, planning review and GIS mapping.
• Facilities – Building maintenance and special event support.
• Fleet Maintenance – Vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance, excluding golf course/Nordic equipment.
• Transit –Free Ride Transit System operation.
• Streets & Parks – Snow & ice control, surface repair and maintenance, turf maintenance at parks and fields, public landscape maintenance, street light and road sign maintenance and special event support.
• Water – Water plant operation, water line maintenance and delivery of fresh drinking water and fire flow to in-district water customers.
Services not offered by the Town of Breckenridge:
• Sewer/Sanitation services – Upper Blue Sanitation District
• Trash Removal – Privatized
• Fire Protection – Red, White & Blue Fire Protection
• Electric/Gas Utilities – Xcel Energy
Please forward questions or concerns via Public Works Administration or call Public Works Administration at (970) 453-3170.