Comprehensive Code Amendments Public Open House
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm, November 6, 2018
A public open house will be held from 4:30 to 5:30 pm on November 6, 2018 at the Breckenridge Town Hall Council Chambers, 150 Ski Hill Road, Breckenridge, CO to provide an overview of the proposed Comprehensive Code Amendments.
The proposed Code Amendments relate directly to the Town’s Development Code. A Comprehensive Code Steering Group, comprised of local architects and members of the Breckenridge Planning Commission, has worked periodically over the last year and a half to develop a set of recommendations for revisions to the Development Code. Prior to taking these amendments through a final formal adoption process with the Planning Commission and Town Council, the Town is seeking input on the proposed amendments from the public and interested persons.
The full list of proposed Code Amendments is extensive and not possible to list here. Examples of a few of the proposed amendments include:
- Revisions to the mass bonus provisions of Policy 4R Mass
- Revisions to the employee housing policy eliminating exemptions for smaller commercial businesses and reducing the amount of available positive points
- Revisions to point assignments for Policy 7R Site and Environmental Design
- Adjustments to the point assignments for landscaping and further promotion of water conservation
- Revisions to the point assignments for moving historic structures
- Revisions to Policy 33R Energy Conservation to adjust the point assignments and methodology for attaining positive points
- Addition of a new section under Policy 43A Public Art to address murals
- Changes to off-street parking requirements for certain uses (e.g., restaurants, industrial uses, grocery stores, single family residences)