Visit here for more information on COVID-19, including the public health orders,re-opening information, and Walkable Main Street information. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Q: I require interpreter services - such as English as second language or American Sign Language - are these available to defendants?
Yes. The Court will provide you with an interpreter during your court interactions. Please contact the court to arrange to have an interpreter available. American Sign Language/English interpreting and English as a Second Language services are available. Please make requests via email to two weeks in advance, so we can accommodate.

Q: I have paid all fines and court costs. Will I be contacted by the Court when my case is closed?
A: No. The Court will not contact you when your case is closed. If you have questions regarding your case, please contact the Court. However, it is the defendant's responsibility to update contact information including phone number and mailing address, in the event the Court does need to contact you regarding your case.

Q: I was court ordered to attend Alcoholics Anonymous. Where do I go?
A: Summit Recovery is a great resource for local AA meetings, and meetings throughout the state. Always get proof of attendance. A signature from the meeting leader with date and location is sufficient proof. Please submit all proof to the court prior to your case review date.

Q: I was court ordered to attend a PolyAddiction class. Where do I go?
A: PolyAddiction classes are regularly offered by ISAE, with various locations in the metro Denver area. Their class schedule is available online

Q: I don't understand the violation I have been charged with. Where can I find out what it means?
A: You can look up your violation in the Breckenridge Town Code.

Q: I need a certified copy of the disposition in my case. How can I obtain that?
A: Contact the Court at (970) 453-3165 to verify your case can be retrieved. Visit the Records Request page to obtain the proper form and more information about requesting a record. The completed form may be dropped off in person at 150 Ski Hill Rd or sent to the Court in one of the following ways:
Email -
Mail - Breckenridge Municipal Court PO Box 168 Breckenridge, CO 80424
Fax - (970) 547-3138

Q: I do not live in Colorado, am I expected to appear in court?
A: No. If you do not live in state, or are unable to attend your assigned court date, you may opt to Plea by Mail. Your paperwork and citation will then be given to the Judge for his disposition and you will be notified after the court date of your fines and fees due. If you have a traffic violation, you may pay your fines and fees in full, receive a 2 point reduction in points, and have your case closed.

Q: I have a warrant out for my arrest, but have not been picked up by the police. How can I take care of this?
A: You have 3 options. 1) You may turn yourself into the Breckenridge police department. Make sure to have the bond money on you, or be with another person who can bond you out, in order to avoid spending time in jail. A bail bondsman may act as a surety. In certain circumstances you may be eligible for a personal recognizance bond if you are unable to pay your bond. 2) You may also pay your bond directly to the Breckenridge Municipal Court under prearranged conditions. This can be done over the phone with a credit card if you are living out of state. Once the bond is paid the warrant will be cleared and you will be set for bond return hearing. You will appear before the judge and penalties will be assessed. If the penalties are less than your bond amount, the remainder of the bond will be returned by mail. 3) You may also surrender yourself to the Court on a day that court is in session on Ski Hill Road. You may turn yourself into the Court office between 8:00 am and 8:45 am. You will go before the judge that morning, as court starts at 9:30 am. You will not be required to pay the bond at that time, but will receive a personal recognizance bond. Contact the Court office for more information on this option.

Q: Will my record appear on a background check? Is there a way to seal or expunge my record?
A: Most charges through the Breckenridge Municipal Court are municipal misdemeanors, or town code violations, as well as traffic misdemeanors. If you did not get fingerprinted for your citation or taken to jail, you will not have a criminal record with our court. Municipal court records are retained for 4 years after they are closed/dismissed, at which time they are destroyed. However, if you would like to petition the court to seal your records, you may only do so if your case/charges were dismissed, you completed a deferred judgment and sentencing or a deferred prosecution. Pleas of guilty or no contest, without some type of deferment, are not eligible for sealing/expungement. Please contact the Court for more information on sealing records.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer