To be able to be listed as the Contractor on a Building Permit, the "Contractor" must have a Town of Breckenridge Business License. Please Click Here for information on obtaining a Town of Breckenridge Business License. The person(s) listed should be entity doing the work and calling in the inspections.
Technical Contractor Requirements
In the Town of Breckenridge, electrical work must be done by a Colorado Licensed Electrician in a addition to getting the Town of Breckenridge Business License. To apply for a permit as an Electrical Contractor, said contractor will need to provide a copy of their State of Colorado Electrical Contractor's License, as well as their State of Colorado Master Electrician's License.
Plumbing work must be done by a Colorado Licensed Plumber in a addition to getting the Town of Breckenridge Business License. To apply for a permit as an Plumbing Contractor, said contractor will need to provide a copy of their State of Colorado Plumbing Contractor's License, as well as their State of Colorado Master Plumber's License.
To verify if your Contractor has a State of Colorado License please click here.
Photovoltaic Alternative Energy contractors are required to provide proof of being a NABCEP Certified PV Installer in addition to obtaining a Town of Breckenridge Business License. To verify a Alternative Energy Contractor please click here. The Alternative Energy Contractor may carry the State of Colorado Electrical Contractor, and the State of Colorado Master Electrician's License.
Solar Hot Water Alternative Energy contractors are required to obtain a Town of Breckenridge Business License. A Mechanical Permit must then be pulled by a State of Colorado Licensed Plumber. The Alternative Energy Contractor may carry the State of Colorado Master Plumber License, and the State of Colorado Plumbing Contractor License.
Fireplace Contractors are required to have a current Gastite Installation Certification. To Verify a Fireplace Contractor please click here.
Contemporaneous Plan Review of Plumbing Licenses
Pursuant to the Colorado Revised Statues 12-58-114.5, The Town of Breckenridge Building Division has established the following procedures for conduction contemporaneous review of plumbing licenses. These procedures apply to the inspection of all plumbing work required to be installed by State Licensed Plumbers. Inspections of all plumbing work will only be conducted when a State Licensed plumbing contractor is provided on a approved plumbing permit. The Town of Breckenridge will verify State License provided by accessing the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) website. Breckenridge plumbing inspectors will request, at their discretion any of the following.
- Verification of plumbing licenses for the plumbers working on the job site for compliance with CRS-12-58-105
- Verification of apprentices working on the job site for compliance with CRS-12-58-117
- That the plumbing contractor is the same as that listed on the issued permit.
- If the inspector is unable to verify the identity or verification of any of the items listed above, the inspector may issue a 'stop work' order or fail the requested inspection, at their, at their discretion, until verification can be provided.
- Based upon scope and extent of violations, The Town of Breckenridge Building Division staff, may further issue a written warning to non-compliant plumbing installers, and at The Town's discretion, proceed with submitting a formal complaint of violations to the State Plumbing Board (SPB) shall be retained in the Chief Building Official's Office.
The goal of a cotemporaneous review is to advise plumbing contractors of the importance for compliance with the provisions of CRS-12-58, specifically the supervision of apprentices for education of the trades, to improve worker safety and to provide code compliant plumbing installations for the end user.