Visit here for more information on COVID-19, including the public health orders,re-opening information, and Walkable Main Street information. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

During what hours is construction noise allowed?
Construction noise for work related to a valid building permit is allowed between the hours of 7:00 AM and 6:59 PM, Monday through Saturday. It is not allowed on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day, and is not allowed on Sundays. Emergency work is excepted. If you have any further questions, please reference our Town Code, Title 5 Chapter 8 Section 6: Construction Noise.

What if the jobsite doesn't have enough parking for my construction vehicles?
If you're working on a project in downtown Breckenridge, contact Breck Park to apply for a temporary construction parking permit.  If your project is outside of the downtown area, contact the Breckenridge Police Department at 970-453-2941.

I got a call that my permit is ready, what do I do next? 
All types of Permits (Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, etc.) must be picked up and paid for in person at the Building Department office in Town Hall. We are located at 150 Ski Hill Rd. in Breckenridge. Once you have paid for your permit, we will issue a hard copy of the permit which must remain on the jobsite. At the time of pick up we will also give you further instructions on how to call in inspections and answer any questions regarding your red-lined plans.

What payment types do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards and checks. Payments must be made in person at the time of issuance. We do not accept payments over the phone.

I am ready to have my final inspection, how do I proceed?

  • The jobsite must be clean, and ready for Occupancy. 
  • If there were technical permits pulled on your project (electrical, plumbing, mechanical) those must be finaled first. If your technical permits have not been finaled and you schedule a final building inspection, the final building inspection will be cancelled.
  • If you have a Green Sheet with other department sign-offs required, all of those must be fulfilled (except Building). The Green Sheet must be on-site in a visible location OR dropped off at the Building Department office. If you were not issued a Green Sheet that means the job didn't require exterior sign offs, so you don't need to worry about this step. If you're unsure if you have a Green Sheet or not, call us at 970-453-3180.
  • If you have any required additional supporting documents specified by an inspector or the plans examiner those must be submitted and approved.
  • If you've completed all the above steps, you are ready to schedule your final inspection. View our inspection page if you have questions on how to do this.