Please Note - the 2020 application will be available starting June 1st.
Since 2007, the Town of Breckenridge has provided over $7.3 million to the Tuition Assistance Program to support local families and workforce. Breckenridge recognized that without access to affordable, quality early childhood care and education, parents could not be part of the vital workforce and contribute to the community character the Town desired.— 2016 Child Care Needs Assessment (Tuition Assistance totals through December 2017)
In addition to the Town of Breckenridge's program Summit County's approval of Measure 1A Strong Futures now provides funding for early Summit County's new Pre-K Program (SPK), managed by Early Childhood Options. This incredible program brought to you by the voters of Summit County is now in place and ready to roll. SPK helps to make high quality preschool possible for all Summit County 4-year olds in the year before they enter Kindergarten. To offset the high cost of quality preschool, SPK provides monthly tuition credits to families who meet the required criteria. All families are required to apply during the annual enrollment period which is in the months of April and May.
This program was created to ensure all 4 year olds can afford to attend preschool at their current provider the year before Kindergarten. Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity! If your child will be 5 by October 1, 2021 please see the link below.
Enrollment deadline for Summit PreK applications for the 2020-2021 School year is May 15, 2020 (To qualify your child must be 5 by October 2021 and plan to attend Kindergarten in the fall of 2021)
To access the Summit PreK application click here: https://eco1.smapply.org/.
For Families that live and or work in the Upper Blue Valley with children 0 - 4 who are not entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2021 see the eligibility information below for the Town of Breckenridge's Tuition Assistance Program.
• The program is available to children ages birth through 6 years old who will be attending a participating, licensed, not-for-profit child care center in Breckenridge: Little Red Schoolhouse, Carriage House Early Learning Center, Breckenridge Montessori or Timberline Learning Center.
• Families must live and/or work in the Upper Blue Basin area and must complete and application during the enrollment cycle which is June 1 to July 15th for the following school year of September - August.
How to Apply:
• Our annual enrollment period for our September 2020 - August 2021 program is June 1, 2020, to July 15, 2020. However, if your family has a Qualified Change during that time (such as move to the area, new baby, change in work status, etc.) please contact Corrie Burr with questions to see if you are eligible to apply out of cycle.
Click here to apply online or update your applicationAfter creating an account you can print the Tuition Assistance Document Check List and collect all the required documents prior to completing your application and uploading documents from the privacy of your computer.
• Submit the completed Application and upload all the required documentation.
• Funding is limited. There is no guarantee that a family who meets the eligibility factors will be awarded tuition assistance. There is no guarantee that a family who received tuition assistance one year will receive tuition assistance or the same award the next year.
• Please submit your completed application with all required documentation. If you cannot access the application online, please contact Corrie Burr.
• Once an application is submitted an email confirmation will be sent to the submitter within 3 business days of receiving the application.
• Applications will be confidentially reviewed.
• Applicants will be notified of the status of their potential Child Care Tuition Assistance award in the order that completed applications are received.
**Please remove your Social Security numbers from all supporting documentation by redacting or marking through this information with a black marker. Also note that any personal information, including financial information, submitted to the Town in conjunction with a Tuition Assistance Application will be used for the purpose of reviewing and rating applications, tracking program outcomes, evaluating eligibility, and calculating awards and will be subject to the confidentiality polices as provided in the Program Guidelines. By providing the information to the Town you are authorizing the Town to use this information for these limited purposes.**
We are excited to offer our Tuition Assistance Application online in English and Spanish. Click below to access it.
Online Tuition Assistance Application
Click on the links below to download the Breckenridge Child Care Tuition Assistance information & resources:
Tuition Assistance Guidelines - English
Tuition Assistance Guidelines - Spanish
Checklist of Required Documents and Information - English & Spanish
Profit & Loss Statement - sample
Balance Sheet - sample
Employer Verification Form
Online Tuition Assistance Application User's Guide
For Families on CCCAP:
Online Tuition Assistance Application
Common Questions & Answers:
How does tuition assistance work?
The Town of Breckenridge’s Tuition Assistance Program works on the premise that families should not spend more than 13%-16% of their gross income on child care. For families who qualify for tuition assistance we calculate a families annual child care expenses at a local child care center and when that exceeds 13%-16% of their income our program provides assistance through a daily co-pay. The daily co-pay assures that a family can afford to pay for their child care throughout the year and that their expense will not exceed 13%-16% of their gross income.
We are expecting a baby after the annual enrollment deadline, can we still apply?
First, congratulations on your pregnancy! To apply for tuition assistance during the annual enrollment period, the baby’s due date must be written on the original application along with an expected start date from one of the participating Breckenridge child care programs for that child. You will receive an award for tuition assistance once your child begins care at one of the 4 participating centers. Please make sure to contact the Child Care Enrollment Administrator by the 15th of the month before you expect your child to start attending child care, in order to avoid a 15% reduction on your assistance during the first month.
We utilize care from one of the participating Breckenridge child care programs as well as a licensed child care program that is not part of the Breckenridge Tuition assistance program. Will all of our child care costs be considered?
Yes, we will look at your overall licensed child care costs for children ages birth through 5 years old when determining your out-of-pocket child care expenses. If you qualify for tuition assistance, the award will be paid directly to the participating program(s).
We split custody of our child. How should we apply?
There are 2 options:
• Option #1: A parent may apply individually if they include their custody agreement in their application. The assistance will be for the days the applicant works and the child is in their custody.
• Option #2: Parents can apply together and we will consider both incomes. We will consider all the days the child is in child care regardless of what day either parent has custody. Family size will reflect two parents.
For more information call Corrie Burr at 970-547-3124 or firstname.lastname@example.org