Visit here for more information on COVID-19, including the public health orders,re-opening information, and Walkable Main Street information. 

Special Event Liquor Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A Special Event Liquor Permit authorizes the sale of alcohol beverages by the drink to the public pursuant to Special Events Code Article 48, Title 12 C.R.S. There are two types of Special Event Liquor Permits -- one allows sale of malt, vinous, and spirituous liquor, the other allows only the sale of 3.2% beer.

Who is eligible for a special event liquor permit?

A non profit organization incorporated pursuant to Colorado law for purposes of a social, fraternal, patriotic, political, or athletic nature; a regularly chartered branch, lodge or chapter of a national organization or society organized for such purposes, which is non-profit; an organization which is a regularly established religious or philanthropic institution; a political candidate who has filed the necessary reports with the Colorado Secretary of State; and a municipality owning arts facilities at which productions of an artistic or cultural nature are held.

 Required Forms and Information
1. Document Checklist and Sign Off Sheet
2. Special Events Liquor Permit Application (State of Colorado) 

Permit Processing and Deadlines

Fifteen special event permits, per applying entity, are allowed during any calendar year. The application, the fee, required documents & sign offs are to be submitted to the Breckenridge Town Clerk no later than 30 days before the scheduled event. After a Special Event Liquor Permit Application is submitted, the Town Clerk will post a sign at the special event liquor premises and hold a hearing ten days after the posting. Once approved the town will issue a Town of Breckenridge special event liquor permit and will notify the State of Colorado Liquor Licensing Division that a permit was issued. If the event dates and/or times change, a new special event application must be submitted and the whole process begins again. It is recommended, in the case of outdoor events, that you consider and apply for alternate rain days.

Other Permits

If you are having an outdoor special event on private or public property in the Town of Breckenridge where you anticipate 50 or more participants, you will need to fill out a Town of Breckenridge Special Event Permit Application (SEPA). This is not a special event liquor permit application, but a permit which authorizes an outdoor special event held in the Town of Breckenridge. Please click here for more information.

For more information about the liquor licensing process, laws or upcoming meetings of the Licensing Authority, call (970) 547-3127 or email

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer