• 21 years of age.•High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 60 - 90 hours of higher education at an accredited college or university.
• Valid Colorado driver’s license at time of appointment.
• Possess a current Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certification or be eligible for certification. Eligibility for Colorado POST certification for out-of-state applicants with prior police training from a state or federal jurisdiction is governed by current Colorado statutes and Colorado POST regulations. POST can be contacted at 303-866-5692, via email at POST@state.co.us , or visit the P.O.S.T. web page.
All finalists for Police Officer positions must be able to successfully pass a structured hiring and training process that may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Initial application process
- "Ride along" with a member of the department
- Oral interview board
- Integrity interview
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological Testing
- Background investigation
- Successful completion of the department's PTO program.
See "Recruitment Process" for more detailed information.