Health Benefit Program
The Town's self-insured health plan options feature medical, dental, and vision coverage. The Town offers a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA). The employee will have the option to choose the plan that best meets their medical needs.
Employees have the opportunity to voluntarily participate in the Town’s Wellness Program administered by Interactive Health. Based on the individual results of the Preventative Health screen, employees can earn up to $600 towards either their HRA or HSA account. Earned funds can be used to pay for qualified out-of-pocket medical, dental and vision expenses that you or your family members may incur throughout the plan year. Plus, any funds not used during the plan year will roll-over and are available for use in future years.
Eligible employees receive a free Breckenridge Recreation Wellness Pass that can be used at the Breckenridge Recreation Center, Stephen C. West Ice Arena, or the Gold Run Nordic Center.
Cafeteria Benefit Plan
A cafeteria benefit plan, with a wide variety of benefits to choose from to best meet your individual health, wellness, recreation, or retirement needs, is provided. Regular Full Time employees receive a $1,700 'benefit credit' to apply towards the following benefits:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and/or Flexible Dependent Care Spending Accounts
• Medical, Dental & Vision Premiums
• 457 Deferred Compensation
• Recreation Center, Nordic, Ice Arena or Golf Club Dependent Passes
• Golf Club Employee Pass
For employees hired after January 1 of each plan year, the benefit credit amount will be prorated by pay period.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees and their dependents have access to up to three free confidential counseling visits per plan year. Also, quarterly “brown bag” seminars may be presented on personal and professional development topics.
Time Off/Leave Benefits
The Town has a generous leave package which includes:
Annual Leave (Vacation)
• Accrued per pay period based on number of years of service
• May be used after six months of service
Years of Service : Hours of Annual Leave
• 1 through 3 : 80 hours
• 4 through 5 : 120 hours
• 6 through 10 : 160 hours
• More than 10 years: Additional eight hours of Annual Leave per each year of service, up to a total of five additional days
• Accrued at 3.69 hours per pay period
• May be used after 90 days of service
• Forty-eight hours of Personal Leave time is credited for use each calendar year
• These hours may be used similar to Annual Leave during the calendar year in which they are provided
• Employees starting mid-year will have reduced Personal Leave allocated according to the months remaining in the year
Seven and one half paid holidays per year which include: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, four hours on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
The Town provides life insurance coverage for eligible employees equivalent to one and half times their annual salary.
Long Term Disability & Mid-Term Disability
This benefit is provided at no cost to the employee, and may pay up to 60% of the employee's bi-weekly earnings should they become disabled and unable to work.
401(1) (Retirement Savings Plan)
The Town's retirement plans are administered and managed by ICMA-RC. Once a Regular Full Time employee has been with the Town for six months, the Town will begin to contribute 7% of the employee's bi-weekly earnings into a 401(a) retirement account. On the employee's six year anniversary, the Town will increase their contribution to 9% provided the employee chooses to contribute 1% of their bi-weekly earnings into their 401(a). There are several investment options to choose from and an ICMA-RC representative is available to assist employees in selecting various fund options. Vesting in the 401(a) plan begins on the employee's three-year anniversary date and increases each year until the employee becomes 100% vested on their six-year anniversary date.
Years of Service : Vesting Schedule
• 3 years: • 50%
• 4 years: • 65%
• 5 years: • 80%
• 6 years: • 100%
457 (Deferred Compensation Plan)
Employees may voluntarily choose to participate in a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan administered by ICMA-RC. Contributions to the 457 may be made either by benefit credit allocation or pre-tax contributions from the employee's bi-weekly earnings.
Miscellaneous Benefits and Opportunities
- Supplemental Insurance option available through Colonial Insurance
- Town Transitional Housing Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement (for approved job-related course work)
- Training and Development
- Annual Town Celebrations & Employee Events
- (GRAB) Good Referral Award Bonus Program (applicant referral program)
- Housing Assistance Programs
- Summit Foundation Employee Giving Program
- Kingdom Kash Reward Program
- Family Medical Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
Benefits provided by the Town of Breckenridge may be subject to change at any time during a plan year. Please consult with a Human Resources team member if you have questions regarding the available benefits for Regular Full Time employees.